Church Mini Study During quarantine
by Pastor Jeremy Burden | April 22, 2020First Christian Church Mini Study
The excitement in our church the past 12 weeks has been such an encouragement to me. I am so excited that it has NOT diminished during the trials we have had in the recent weeks.
I firmly believe the Lord is taking us into an explosive time of the manifest overflowing presence of God! Like you have heard me preach, these times are not just for us to receive and be blessed by. These times are also there for us receive and RELEASE what the Lord is doing so we can be an active participant in releasing and building the Kingdom of our Father (and our own by His adoption of us) here on earth.
I want to encourage you to dive deep in these verses. As you study these, I want you to ask yourself the questions after you read the passage. I encourage you to read these verses a couple times to marinate in them. My intent for this study was not to be a quick devotional. If you feel led please chew on this for as long as you want.
3 Every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realm has already been lavished upon us as a love gift from our wonderful heavenly Father, the Father of our Lord Jesus—all because he sees us wrapped into Christ. This is why we celebrate him with all our hearts!
4 And he chose us to be his very own, joining us to himself even before he laid the foundation of the universe! Because of his great love, he ordained us, so that we would be seen as holy in his eyes with an unstained innocence.
5–6 For it was always in his perfect plan[g] to adopt us as his delightful children, through our union with Jesus, the Anointed One, so that his tremendous love that cascades over us would glorify his grace—for the same love he has for his Beloved One, Jesus, he has for us. And this unfolding plan brings him great pleasure!
- Understanding identity is so important. Meditate on the truth that “I have been joined to my Father”.
- Spend a couple seconds here to preach to myself of how I am wrapped up in Christ.
- Do I believe that my Father God has the type of love for me that verses 5-6 speak of?
Ephesians 2:6 The Passion Translation (TPT)
6 He raised us up with Christ the exalted One, and we ascended with him into the glorious perfection and authority of the heavenly realm, for we are now co-seated as one with Christ!
- Ephesians 2:6 To be “placed” or “seated” in heaven means we have been given the perfection and authority to be there.
- Do I really believe that I am seated with Christ in heavenly places?
- Is there anything preventing me from fully believing this truth? If so, Lord what Biblical truth do I need to seek out to dispel this uncertainty?
- Ponder this reality: how should my life begin to look once I start walking in the fullness of this belief? It is not just a place I sit; it is a place of authority. How does that impact my life?
3 Christ’s resurrection is your resurrection too. This is why we are to yearn for all that is above, for that’s where Christ sits enthroned at the place of all power, honor, and authority! 2 Yes, feast on all the treasures of the heavenly realm and fill your thoughts with heavenly realities, and not with the distractions of the natural realm.
3 Your crucifixion with Christ has severed the tie to this life, and now your true life is hidden away in God in Christ. 4 And as Christ himself is seen for who he really is, who you really are will also be revealed, for you are now one with him in his glory!
- How am I personally feasting on the treasures of the heavenly realm?
- Remind myself why the truths and realities of heaven are treasures to me.
- Am I beginning to realize (the more I mediate on this), that I have more access to heaven’s culture and reality than I previously thought?
- Think about the depth of verse 4! The more I see the Truth of who Christ is, the more that I will be revealed. My life is called to action NOT to spectate. How do I think I will be revealed?
12 So search your hearts every day, my brothers and sisters, and make sure that none of you has evil or unbelief hiding within you. For it will lead you astray, and make you unresponsive to the living God. 13 This is the time to encourage each other to never be stubborn or hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. 14 For we are mingled with the Messiah, if we will continue unshaken in this confident assurance from the beginning until the end.
15 For again, the Scriptures say,
If only today you would listen to his voice.
Don’t make him angry by hardening your hearts,
as you did in the wilderness rebellion.
16 The same people who were delivered from bondage and brought out of Egypt by Moses, were the ones who heard and still rebelled. 17 They grieved God for forty years by sinning in their unbelief, until they dropped dead in the desert. 18 So God swore an oath that they would never enter into his calming place of rest all because they disobeyed him. 19 It is clear that they could not enter into their inheritance because they wrapped their hearts in unbelief.
- Hebrews 3:14 Or “We are all business partners of Christ.” The Aramaic can be translated “We are all sewn [together] with Christ.”
- This tells us the dangers of unbelief. Rest is not a vacation from Kingdom work. Out of God’s rest flows the authority and reality to be a part of Kingdom building. What are areas of unbelief I am struggling with? Am I being aggressive to slay this unbelief? How can I be more proactive in replacing my unbelief with belief?
- Visualize the picture of myself literally being mingled with Christ. How is that an encouragement to me?
I believe that the 40 days Jesus spent with the disciples after His resurrection was talking about such truths above. (Acts 1:2-5)
I believe the gist of Jesus’ message was “Because of who you are in ME, here is what you can now do through ME)
Your understanding of identity will affect how you live your life as a son or daughter of our Father in Heaven here on earth.
Yes, I want Jesus to come very soon! I also want to make sure I have done my Fathers desire for me in releasing the Kingdom and doing my part in Kingdom building before I reach eternity.
Remember: because of Jesus, the Kingdom of our Father is now something we have. Not only do we have it, but as we stay in line with the will of our Father in heaven it is something we can give or release!
4 Peter and John, looking straight into the eyes of the crippled man, said, “Look at us!” 5 Expecting a gift, he readily gave them his attention. 6 Then Peter said, “I don’t have money, but I’ll give you this—by the power of the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, stand up and walk!”
May you be truly be blessed in this study as you seek deeper revelation truth of who you are in Christ!
If you have any questions about this study, please reach out! GOD BLESS YOU!
Through His Love,